Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Lord Supports us When we Share the Gospel

Hi!  This week was super great! 

On Saturday we had our Distrikt meeting and interviews with our mission president. Sister Bécsi and I had the assignment to talk about effective studying. We shared our thoughts and a lot of scriptures that talk about how the Lord will give us the words we need when talking to people, if we take time to study. 

My personal favorite was this one in D&C 100:
"5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say."
To be honest, when I read that in my study, I thought to myself... hmmm... sometimes I really do just feel "confounded before men". Has the Holy Ghost really been able to bear witness through me? I prayed about it and every single day after that I really felt that scripture fulfilled. 

One day we met a Hungarian guy. Haha he could speak English but couldn't speak German, sister Bécsi can't speak English, and I can't speak Hungarian so that was funny. It was great though. He tried asking us all theses zinger questions and I know before my mission I would have been like, "Hot dang! He makes a good point!" But I don't even know how but it was great because I just felt so calm and simply addressed his question. And what made it even greater was that he had to translate what I taught and testified of to Sister Bécsi in Hungarian. Then he would try asking Sister Bécsi a zinger and then I could tell she was also speaking by the Spirit back to him. And then he had to translate what she told him back to me in English.  The next day I met a guy named Friday who had a question about organized religion and the lack of a purely Christian church. As he spoke, some verses I had read in my study that morning popped into my head and I was able to share them with him.  Neither of the guys accepted the invitation to learn more but I still just felt the Spirit and felt like what I was saying weren't my own words. 

The best though was on Saturday, meeting with one of our new investigators. She's a funny one. She is one of the more interesting persons I've met but our lesson was so spiritual so it must be important that we keep teaching her. We read Jospeh Smith's first vision together and asked her what she thought. She read it about three times again on her own and then looked at us, "Naja das ist aber wunderschön! Man spürt es, im Herz, wenn man es liest."---"well that's beautiful! You really feel it in you're heart when you read it!"

So yeah, my testimony of that was really strengthened this week, that the Lord is there and supports us in our words when we share his Gospel. 

Hope everyone has a great week!


Walking around Schaffhausen...











Hahahaha there was a bee and I didn't even notice this picture until now.


No comments:

Post a Comment