Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Yo yo yo


Hey there!

This week was the big move! Pday we walked through Solothurn for the last time to say a little goodbye and headed off to Bern to tour around a bit. Then Tuesday and Wednesday, we moved over to Burgdorf!

To answer some questions that my dad asked that I might not have explained very well: There were Elders and Sisters in Solothurn, so even though we had to clean and lock down the sisters' apartment, the Elders are still there and have our investigators now. Burgdorf has its own church building, it's a pretty big ward, maybe 150? There are no street contacting areas here, it's all dooring. We did dooring before too, but liked street contacting more. And we go all over, trying to stay in one village or town per day to use our time better and not have to travel all day, but yeah, there are quite a few towns in our area.
And this whole week has been pouring over the records that they have from this area that let us know who has been taught and who might be interested in being taught. I was pretty nervous coming over here since it's really a collection of fairly small villages and suburb type areas, but there is so much work to be done here! I love it. Really, once sister Tauche and I were moved in and could just go to work, all my fears, anxieties and dread washed away. That was really cool to see. The secret to missionary work really is work!

I will say though, this week was truly the pits number wise hahaha. Oh man. Sister Tauche and I were considering just not answering the phone when our district leader called to get our numbers and progress this week.

But not to worry, we made appointments for next week with several people, the ward members here are super great and ready to help, and of course, most importantly, the Lord is with us (or I hope so or else sister Tauche and I would be quite hopeless here haha).  Also saw the Lehmanns (my dad's younger brother's family) this week at stake conference yet again!

And as far as the German, it's getting there haha. Sometimes we walk away from a conversation and sister Tauche lets me know what I had in fact said or what the person had said and I realize how completely off I was haha oh man... It's also funny, whenever I talk to people on the train or at church or whatever, they sometimes translate some words into French for me and think I'm from France. Apparently I have a French accent??? What's funny is that my French isn't even that great. It's pretty funny seeing their reaction when I say I'm American. 

I read from Sister Oscarson's talk from this conference and man do I love this talk! The whole thing is just a long testimony of the fundamental truths of this amazing gospel and church. 

"We believe that this Church is more than just a good place to go on Sundays and learn how to be a good person. It is more than just a lovely Christian social club where we can associate with people of good moral standing. It is not just a great set of ideas that parents can teach their children at home so they will be responsible, nice people. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is infinitely more than all of these things.Think for just a minute about the profound claims we make as a religion."

She continues on through a couple points, but ultimately states:

"We claim that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God and the only true Church on the earth. It is called the Church of Jesus Christ because He stands at the head; it is His Church, and all these things are possible because of His atoning sacrifice."

Isn't that just beautiful? I mean, just think for a second if that statement was true.
And the best part is that it is true! And we can each found that out for ourselves! Just some things to think about :)

Thanks for the emails and updates, it's really great to hear how everyone is doing. Have a wonderful week! 

-Sister Lehmann


Solothurn Stadt, really going to miss street contacting here

And the beautiful cathedral there

Antiques store in Bern. Every single wall and everywhere you looked was this full of dolls. Seriously I had to lean over another precarious heap of dolls and puppets to take a pick of this tiny shop just suffocating in creepiness.

Sister Lehmann went white girl basic and bought herself a fjallraven backpack last week

More antique store goodness. Haha I really wanted to buy this for Andreas.

Antique record from 1968! Haha notice the sticky note on it that someone wrote "very old, don't know what to do"
Sister Tauche found herself a nice bath tub in the streets of Bern.

And here are the bears of Bern! #mascot

The inspirational quote I wrote up for us after reporting our numbers this week










No comments:

Post a Comment