Tuesday, May 31, 2016

And the transfer goes to...

Hi there!

We found out what's happening for transfers this week and... drum role please... Sister Tauche and I are staying together! And we're going to Burgdorf! Did I explain about Burgdorf? I don't think I did.


So last transfer, halfway through, the Burgdorf ward, that's the neighboring ward to Solothurn, lost their missionaries. One got sick and went home and the other was sent over to Germany to join another companionship. So Sister Tauche and I had to take over their area for a bit, at least making sure that the investigators were still being taught, along with our responsibilities in Solothurn. And now for transfers we're going over there together! It sounds like it could have been a smooth hand off from the last sisters to us, but that's not really the case. We're really white washing. Since the last companionship was so sick, they didn't get to do much work, so Burgdorf hasn't had very active missionaries in a little while. Sister Tauche and I get to clean up and build things up a bit again!

We're pretty nervous but also excited. There's a lot to be done. Mostly we're just relieved that we get to stick together. And the only sad thing really is that we have 2 investigators that we found and prove to have a lot of potential right at the end of this transfer.


Karyna for example (I mentioned her last time) is so great. We met her a couple weeks ago but was quite busy for a while so we didn't start regularly meeting with her until last week. She'd had contact with the missionaries before and even read the whole Book of Mormon but they lost contact for years and she was sad about that. But yeah we're teaching her again and she is so open and great. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to walk out of a lesson knowing that the person felt the Spirit and are beginning to fill their life with meaning and understanding of life's purpose and God's love for them.


That was that week! Wish us luck in Burgdorf! Love you all!

-Sister Lehmann



My favorite flower is everywhere right now and I love it

Karla❤️
Rahel ❤️ (She's going to be an exchange student in Orem next year!)

The Smiths❤️

Pipi Langstrumpf style cleaning the church

Secretary Lehmann taking an eternity (trying) to text in German 

I was blessed with a vegetarian comp who likes salad mountains too :)

Last pday we were naughty and went to H&M and totally tried on dresses that didn't cover our knees. They may or may not have been maternity dresses haha

Look what I realized I can do

No comments:

Post a Comment