Monday, November 28, 2016

This week was really a miracle week!

Hi there

This week was really a miracle week! So so cool.

Started off with some Zone training in Salzburg. OH MY GOODNESS
SALZBURG IS BEAUTIFUL. Sadly I could only see it on the bus ride to
and from the church building but still. It's so beautiful. Anyway, we
stayed there the night cause we had exchanges, but we were all in
Salzburg together. That was fun! Both us and the Salzburg Sisters had
pretty rough weeks last week in Finding new investigators but suddenly
that night Sister Williams and I were able to find 5!!! It was so
crazy. We were so happy.


Next miracle day this week would have to be Thanksgiving.
We started out the day with 2 fall out appointments which meant a good
solid entire day of finding new investigators. So we took a deep
breath and did it. We went somewhere we've never really been before.
It was a park, and we were hoping there'd be a lot of people but
unfortunately there were like 2 people in the big abandoned dead
looking park on a cold November day.

We went up to the one guy there and asked him what he was grateful
for. He seemed a little mentally handicapped at first, but we kept
talking to him and our conversation ended up going on for a good hour!
It was incredible. I don't really know how to describe it but I felt
like there was nowhere else I was suppose to be except talking to
this guy. He had had an accident 5 years ago where he got ran over by
a bus and that made it so that he had a strong speech impediment. For
one of the first times on my mission I also didn't feel this need to
change the conversation to the restoration or to even say that we were
missionaries. Without us even really saying anything this man began to
speak about church and how he wished he could go back and take the
sacrament (he's catholic), he just found it difficult to do
confessions since he can't talk to the priest very well. We talked to
him about prayer and repentance and stuff. The most beautiful part was
when I asked him, if he could ask or say anything to God, what would
he say. He laughed and paused and didn't talk for a while but then
finally said, "ich w-würde s-s-s-sagen, ich hab dich lieb, ich hab
dich lieb Gott.... und dann wird er sagen, ich m-m-mag dich auch, ich
mag dich auch." (I would say, I love you God, and then he would reply, I like you too.)
You really had to be there I guess but it really was one of the most
beautiful moments on my mission. I just felt, not like a typical
missionary, but really more like Jesus Christ. Like if he was on the
earth right now, I was doing what he would be doing. And that feeling
I think is the best feeling anyone can have.

He even came to church this Sunday too!! Isn't that miraculous? It really is.
The Lord continued to bless us with new investigators and some really
powerful lessons and conversations on the street this week, I wish I
had time to write about each one of them.

I know the Lord blesses us. We never really have to have fear for
today or tomorrow or whenever because God will always bless you with
something that day. He will always give you miracles, if you just have
the spiritual eyes to see them. And probably one of the greatest
miracles he can give you is you being put in someone's path who needs
your help.

Have a wonderful week!
-Sister Lehmann


Creeping through the cool library
I think I'm picking something out of my teeth with my tongue... 






Yet another Tausch with Sister Hancock, who finally got her wish to straighten my hair haha
They had kraft mac and cheese in their apartment!! Man was I happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment