Monday, July 11, 2016

Bye Sister Tauche, Hello Sister Eden

(July 11, 2016)

Hello hello hello

So. This week. Where do I begin. Pday perhaps?
Sister Tauche and I decided to go to the Niederhorn. It's a mountain
by Thun See. We didn't go all the way to the top, but just as far up
as we could with our Swiss Passes and then hiked a bit. And then we
rented trottinette things, like scooter bikes, and rode them all the
way down. I must say it wasn't too shabby for a pday, riding down the
mountain with a view of the alps and the lake. Hahaha it was AMAZING.

Then later in the week was transfers! All the missionaries in
Switzerland meet in Zurich to get new companions. We went there and I
met my new companion Sister Eden! She's from Brigham City, one of the
lucky Americans who get a taste of Switzerland for 2 transfers. She's
been on her mission a year now.


Later that evening in Zurich the Mormon Tabernacle choir was there and
we got to go to their concert. It was so cool! The choir hasn't been
here since 1991 so all the members in Switzerland were so excited. We
came home super super late but it was worth it.

And then the work in Solothurn began!
We're in the same apartment as before so unpacking meant putting all my
same things in the same places haha. And now I'm having to show Sister
Eden around and it's really weird. I feel like I'm training, but she's
been out way longer than me. Anyway, I'm surprised at how much I've
been able to remember so that's nice! We have some of the same
investigators but a lot more than before since we're getting all the
Elders' investigators too. We had to spend the first part of our week
doing areabook inside work, which I find so frustrating. Finally
though on Saturday we really got to be outside the whole day and it
was awesome. We got so many new potentials and talked to so many
people it was awesome. Really the thing that puts me in a bad mood is
when we don't get to talk to people, when we have a lot of inside
planning, but then when we go out side and talk to people, it feels so
much more fulfilling.
That's all for this week so far I think!

Oh wait! I keep forgetting to answer the question as to how the EM (Euro Cup)
has been/had been affecting our work. Haha it was so funny. The entire
time Switzerland was still in the running, the streets and houses
would be completely empty but then you'd walk by a bar or cafe where
they had the game on and that's where the whole town was. One time we
had an appointment with someone and we came over and they told us to
come back later cause their country was playing. And we were like, but
we had an appointment, and they were just smiling and nodding saying,
"yeah yeah that's nice, but the game is playing." Haha. No big deal we
just traveled 45 minutes just to get to you. Another time we had
another really great discussion with a guy while dooring and even
though he didn't want to meet us again we invited him to pray tonight
to try it out, he quite seriously said, "oh no, I can't do that.
Tonight's the game." I mean I understand the guy, you know? Finding
out for yourself that God is really there or watching the game, it's a
pretty obvious choice!

Have a great week!
-Sister Lehmann




We took an ice cream and lawn chair break on our way down.


And then my last day with Sister Tauche right before the concert. 

And our investigators Rita came to the concert too so I just had to take a picture with her.

Haha and the sad part is Sister Eden and I have no good pictures together. They're all bad quality eating selfies.


No comments:

Post a Comment