Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tender Mercy

Hi there!

(So I know we skyped yesterday but I don't quite remember all that I
said so imma just wiederholen some stuff.)

So last Tuesday we had district meeting in Biel/Bienne and afterwards
did finding in the city. That was cool. The city center there is much
bigger which makes it easier and cooler to do street contacting. But
yeah Biel is a mixed city of French and German so that was way cool to
talk to people in French! One lady was really nice and cool. Kind of
hard/weird at first having to suddenly switch to French after so long
and also my French gospel terms aren't great haha but I (in a very
creative way) taught the restoration! She was really cool. Really that
experience was a tender mercy. Every other time we went finding the
week before, we weren't able to talk to anyone. Sometimes I think when
we talk to nice cool people, it's not even for the person we talk to
(as much as I'd like to think it is) but it's just God smiling down at
me and Sister Tauche and saying, alright, you're trying really hard,
here's someone who will be nice and listen. Hahaha.

Other than that, a lot of finding this week! A lot of appointments
seemed to fall through, but that's ok because we had a couple
conversations on the street.

One highlight, I tried heating up some beans and put garlic in a hot
pan with oil and apparently that's not a good thing because then it just
goes black and quite smokey very quickly. But yeah I did that. Twice.
At least I didn't try putting water in the hot pan of oil the second
time! Our kitchen was quite stinky and hazy for a little bit there.
Anyway, I'm just not ready to be a mom yet I suppose haha.

But yeah life is good for me and Sister Tauche! We have lots of fun
and are always setting new goals of how we can improve. I'm seriously
so blessed to have her. She's really patient with my terrible memory
and me pestering her to help me practice German grammar as we walk
places.

I just wanted to share a great quote that really touched me this week!

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in
heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls” (Matthew 11:28–29).

Of this rest President Joseph F. Smith said: “To my mind, it means
entering into the knowledge and love of God, having faith in his
purpose and in his plan, to such an extent that we know we are right,
and that we are not hunting for something else, we are not disturbed
by every wind of doctrine, or by the cunning and craftiness of men who
lie in wait to deceive. We know of the doctrine that it is of God, and
we do not ask any questions of anybody about it; they are welcome to
their opinions, to their ideas and to their vagaries. The man who has
reached that degree of faith in God that all doubt and fear have been
cast from him, he has entered into ‘God’s rest’” (Teachings of
Presidents of the Church: Joseph F. Smith [1998], 56).

Have a great week!

-Sister Lehmann


We almost kissed❤️👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽
Sister Tauche likes old cars. Also we got flowers for Mother's Day.
This is the nice vase that came with our apartment.
Oh hair.
So last pday we took the bus up to a village and found a meadow and wrote letters. Not too shabby I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment